Rear hub replacement

Bryan Chow bryan@veryfresh.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:04:48 -0600

Hi All,

I have been a longtime lurker on this list (over 5 years) and this is
my first post, so I guess I should introduce myself. I'm located in
Vancouver BC, and am the proud owner of a mostly-stock 95 200SX SE-R.
You guys are the main reason I bought this car, and this list has
been an invaluable source of info over the years -- thanks!

Anyhow, I'm about to replace my driver's side rear hub assembly
because the bearing is making a lot of noise. I'm hoping you guys
can answer the following questions before I attempt the install:

 - What size is the bearing retainer nut? I want to be sure that I
   have the right size socket before I remove the brakes.

 - How tight does the bearing retainer nut need to be? My Haynes
   manual says 137-188 ft-lbs -- is this correct? This seems like an
   awful lot of torque.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Bryan

--