tools

Jeff B meisterschutze@hotmail.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:48:38 -0600

In reference to tools:

I used to work at Home Depot (PT) in the Tool Corral.  The information I
have gathered is this:

1. Husky Tools (HD) are made by MAC on the SAME production line, as are
the tool boxes.

2.Kobalt Tools (L) are made by Snap-on

3. Both brands are VERY good and have a lifetime replacement policy (No
questions asked)

4. the Kobalts are not as rounded in the grip as the Huskies are
(personal preference)

5. Husky Air tools are made by Florida Pneumatic who also produces
certain lines for Ingersoll-Rand. They also carry a lifetime warranty

6. Sears Craftsman Tools are OK, but beware of new Guarantee policy.
There is a lot of fine print in it.  (Break a ratchet gear, and they
replace just the gear.  They give you the gear and YOU fix the tool
yourself)  A friend had this happen when He took a ratchet back.  It
definately is not the old Sears.

Anybody that may have questions about brands of powertools and the real
deal (like the fact that DeWalt is made by Crap & Decker <I mean, Black
and decker> ) can contact me off-list and I'll dish some dirt.