Battery Relocation

Hammer Down hammer_down@hotmail.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:04:45 -0600

Jay wrote: "This might be OK for the street (not really) but you will not
pass a tech inspection like that."

Jay, tell me, if the rear trunk section is sealed off from the interior
(Sheet aluminum, rivieted in place and seam sealed) what is the purpose of
the plastic box that is not sealed?  This is the same way I did it in my
SCCA leagal 510 BTW.  Passed inspection every race let alone the yearly
inspection for two years of road racing.  Maybe the rules have changed?
Even NASQAR doesn't have a plastic box.  it is a sealed aluminum compartment
right behind the drivers butt that the battery slides into.

Erik Halvorson