ECU Tuning as per "Down Under"

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 22:50:23 -0500

Wayne Cox wrote:

>OH MY GOD!  This is BIG!  Why hasn't there been more response on this today?!

>We're no longer tied down to JWT!  :)

True.

But now all you need to do is extensive dyno tuning and gain experience.

I've run into this with the 944.  The code for the DME (ECU) in the 944 is
no secret.  The problem is finding someone who can make an effective
program.  I'm not trying to kiss JWT's bung hole either.  I am running into
*exactly* this problem with the 944.  How I wish there was a JWT in the 944
world who could provide me with a proven, worthwhile set of maps.  As it
is, I don't trust any of them.

I think the fantasy of programming your own maps is better than the reality
to be honest.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>