help with noise pre-road-trip

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:19:25 -0500

Wayne Cox wrote:

>In the past the car has occasionally made a grinding / vibrating / rubbing
>noise when letting off the gas.  I figured it was a worn out front motor
>mount, didn't think much of it, and put off replacing it.

    <snip>

>The noise only happens when letting off the gas, not turning, so it
>seems to be a motor movement issue.  Help!  i thought I had all the "leave
>your ass stranded" problems fixed on this thing, but now I'm worried!

Wayne, I still think it's the engine mount.  When it first happened to me
about 8-9 years ago, mine got to the point where it was doing almost all
the time and it sounded like the RF wheel was about to come off at any time.

If it's only doing it on overrun, I'd bet my last Shiner Bock it's the
engine mount.  If you can squeeze it in before you go, I would.  That could
give you a lot of peace of mind.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>