Spec V wheels - weight

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:16:19 -0500

Where you stated:
>From: Chuck Cragnolin <chas.crag@verizon.net>
> > I recently had the opportunity to weigh the wheels on my Spec V.
> > A VERY respectable 13.42 lbs. ( 6.1Kg)

>How did you weigh these wheels? The reason I'm asking is that
>www.wheelweights.net has them listed at 24 lbs.

I earlier posted this, but to recap, I made a mistake using the fancy
electronic scale I was using in the shop. I re-weighed them properly and
they were around 21-22 lbs each.
That is with valve stems, no weights, no nuts.

>There's also Rota wheels which cost a heck of a lot less and are only a
>few pounds heavier. The only problem is that they don't offer too many
>wheels in a 4 x 114.3 bolt pattern.

Seems many of the lighter wheels don't come in that size. Many that do have
too small an offset as well.
BTW, the offset spec moulded in the back of the Nissan wheels is 37mm

I ended up putting Motegi MR3's on my Spec V. Not really lighter than the
stock, but in gunmetal finish I like the looks. The stock wheels were about
the only silver thing on the car, and to my eyes it looked silly.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

2.3TB RAID5 NAS server - dual AthlonMP CPU, Linux, $10,995 CAD / $6850 USD