Read This

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:48:16 -0500

Nope, can't say that I've been a member for long... maybe a few months. Like
a few others, I actually joined before I purchased my car. I wanted to see
what the vehicle was about, how to fix it, and what kind of geeks hung out
here. Hell, I even started asking questions(after doing a search through the
archives) before I bought my car.

Every day that I get home for work, I log on... first thing I do. Sometimes
it's to see if anyone answered one of my many questions, or to read about
others problems/fixes. And, I can honestly say, there are a ton of people
here who have helped me out(really, too many to name). They do so by not
only answering my question, but also by not answering the question. In other
words, I don't get a bunch of rude ass replies to question that may be
redundant, ignorant, or just plain stupid. I've done the same on a forum,
and people just come out of the wall to let you know how ignorant and dumb
you are... one guy even posted that I shouldn't have purchased my car if I
couldn't work on it... oh well.

I belong to this list and to the sr20de forum and I know a few others do
also. It's not a big deal. They're both useful, I just prefer the list...
seems to be full of more knowledgeable people.

As far as the list having changed and members who have left, those
contemplating leaving, and those who will stick around.... things change all
the time. Change is change, it's neither good or bad, just different. I
don't have any perspective about how the list used to be... well, maybe
some, especially when searching the archives.

When I search the archives, I'm always amazed at the wealth of information
available. Yeah, maybe it is a pain sometimes, but since everything is still
so new to me, I don't mind wading through pages of information to find a
jewel or nugget I can use. I even come across questions from George or Jez
that show that they(at that time) still didn't know everything. This is
definitely not a knock on these two, just a reminder that everyone has to
start somewhere.

Larry, please keep the list. There are people like me who find it
invaluable. There are people like me who are just learning about the car and
coming up to the SE-R community. Don't toss away a link between the past,
present and the future.

Remember, today's new members will be tomorrows old timers(okay, maybe I
won't qualify... but others will). And of course, today's old timers will
then be called the "Ancient Ones".

My 2 cents, and I'm sticking to it.

Later,
"Nick Nissan"