Tools

David Pertuz davidpertuz@mindspring.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:50:48 -0500

>While I agree that cordless impact wrenches are quite cool,
>unless you have the need (like Eric does) to change tires
>in the absolute minimum time in the middle of the worst

If the Snap-On cordless electric impact is as good as reputed per the
earlier message, I'd probably get that over somebody else's corded one.
Years ago Jay Stewart and I hammered away for ever and ever and ever using
his corded electric impact (this was before he got air) on one of my front
lower strut bolts and the little sucker never budged. (I eventually got it
off with a breaker bar and a 6-foot cheater.) I was thinking at the time,
"electric sucks."

This is pretty anecdotal (I don't know what the torque rating of his wrench
was, etc.) but I thought it was worth throwing out there.

david