Tools

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 00:22:42 -0500

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 10:50:48PM -0500, David Pertuz wrote:

> If the Snap-On cordless electric impact is as good as reputed per the
> earlier message, I'd probably get that over somebody else's corded one.

Cordless is cool.  Nothing wrong with a corded one, but on the property
here, there are no outdoor power outlets, and I don't own air, either.
In my particular case, cordless even makes financial sense, as I'd be
pretty hard-pressed to come up with a tank, a compressor, and a wrench
for under $350.  It's not like I'm going to need more than 120 lb/ft,
anyway; wheel lugs are about the worst challenge I have to meet with
only 15k miles on the clock.

Anyway, what're the odds of hooking the Snap-On into the car's 12v DC
supply?  This seems like the absolute most flexible source, though it
does defeat the purpose of being cordless.  If you could supply enough
amperage to the wrench by running the engine, having a dead battery soon
becomes a moot point...

--
-=|JP|=-               Cheap, Fast, Reliable; Pick any Two.

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |