Problem idling while coasting

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 20:20:32 -0500

At 08:05 PM 7/9/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Go out to your car and try putting the car in & out of gear while sitting
>.... Your idle does not jump to 1500 when you stick it in gear.

Correct.  In fact. I've never been able to find any indication of what that
damn neutral switch does, BESIDES LEAK MY FRIGGIN REDLINE OIL ON THE
FLOOR!  [Arrgh!]  No mention of it on all the years on the list I can
recall, nor in the FSM.  Aww well, got another on order for Lisa's NX
anyway.  Probably should have saved $14 and shopped for a bolt to fit the hole.

>so neutral is irrelevant. My vote is Donovan has a clutch problem.

Good chance.  He's also got a GA16 car, if I remember the original post
correctly.  He should probably be asking one of those forums for the best
advice.  Not so much experience with those engines or electronics here.
   -Wayne