FSM

Wayne Cox wmc20@dnaco.net
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 07:22:02 -0500

At 02:14 PM 6/6/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>The point is, embrace those Nissan FSMs.  They are wonderful and well
>worth the money.

Yup.  When you're looking for the details that aren't so obvious, or need
torque specs, mechanical dimensions, model comparisons, exploded diagrams,
etc, they are great.

But since the original poster was looking for more "how to" instructions,
I'd recommend you use the FSM in conjunction with a Haynes manual ($10 @
AutoZone).  They have photos and a lot more step by step instructions.  The
two work nicely together.

One thing that irks me -- I understand the FSM is geared toward pros that
don't need their hand held through straight forward tasks.  BUT when they
do offer step by step directions, they are often incorrect or throw in
unnecessary steps.  EG:  my '92 FSM under transmission removal says to
remove the front cross-member, brake components, wheel hubs, etc.  What a
load of BS!

  -Wayne Cox
     '92 SE-R  First in the Fourteens - now parts car?????
        '91 NX2k quick beater  '93NX2k  Lisa's