Header Bolts

Wayne Cox wmc20@dnaco.net
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 07:34:47 -0500

At 02:14 PM 6/6/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Does everyone here use standard manifold bolts when installing a header?
>A shop here said that you usually need shorter bolts as headers are
>thinner than the stock manifolds.  Also, I have an AEBS header and

Our engines have studs & nuts, not bolts.  So it's not an issue.  No way
for it to bottom out, like a bolt into a blind hole could.

It is recommended that you replace the studs.  They have a nasty habit of
snapping off in the head, esp on older cars with more fatigue.

Hey... does ARP or anyone make high-strength studs to fit there?  I am
probably installing a HS header I've had around for 3 years on the NX this
weekend.  I've got  new factory studs, but like the idea of an upgraded
fastener.

  -Wayne Cox
     '92 SE-R  First in the Fourteens - now parts car?????
        '91 NX2k quick beater  '93NX2k  Lisa's