Control Arm Fubar

Wayne Cox wmc20@dnaco.net
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 12:04:26 -0500

At 09:17 AM 6/5/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I want to warn you - the replacement of these bars looks easy.  But on my
>machine this was one of the most frustrating parts extractions I'd ever had
>to do.  The long bolt which runs through both links and the rear knuckle was
>severely rusted into the link sleeves, and into the knuckle.  (remember -

Darin, Jay, Bill, et al,

Thanks for the input.  I'd heard before the rust could be bad, so yesterday
I ordered a bar with the bolt & other hardware.  Tough parts to
find!  Ordered via Scottsdale Nissan, but even they had to order it into
their place.  Friggin' expensive too!  List is around $70.

Also got 3 different answers from 4 dealers on the part#.  Courtesy &
Scottsdale concurred on 55121-50Y10.  As for the same & different
argument... maybe the disc & drum brake models have different hubs, and
thus require different links?  I no longer have a viewer handy for my u-fiche.

Should have it Fri.  How bad are the bolts on the inboard ends?  I'll be
spraying it all down daily with penetrant in the mean time.  I though about
doing ES bushings, but they're expensive for the back, and it is just the
wife's car after all  ;)

    -Wayne