Oil Filter P/N

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 16:23:42 -0500

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 12:40:03PM -0400, Wayne Cox wrote:

> Don't assume they're identical.

I read quite a bit about that in the archives last night.  I will have
to do some further investigation.

> Earlier production SR20s had a longer filter, but the threads were
> slightly different.

I thought that this discussion mostly applied to B14 vs. B13 filters?
No matter to me, I'm still going to check out the B15 filters myself.

Also, doesn't Courtesy use Nissan P/Ns for their SKUs?  If this is the
case, then it looks like Nissan is changing their filter linup a little.
The filter I listed in my first message is one of only *two* filters I
can find for recent Nissans on Courtesy's site.  The other filter has a
6 on the end of the SKU instead of a 1, but uses all of the other same
digits.  Hmm.

> Sounds like you're going for "bigger is better"?

That may be what it sounds like, but that's not the case.  I have a
couple of goals.  Firstly, I want just a little piece of mind with an
extended service interval.  I know 3000 miles is where you're supposed
to change, but sometimes I can't, you know?  Maybe I should have my car
taken away from me, but if I do have to go 4000 miles, I want to know
that there's more filtration area left.  Secondly, from what I can tell,
there should be less of a pressure drop with a larger filter.  Anybody
who actually understands fluid dynamics is invited to step in and
correct me, here.  Third and finally, this may sound stupid, but I can
grip the bigger filter easier.  Maybe I need a new filter wrench...

--
-=|JP|=-               Good, Fast, Cheap; Pick any Two.

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |