MAF Reground nightmare RD XI

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:09:04 -0500

Okay, replaced the MAF, and .... *drumroll* ... whoooooosh - like the
sound of a toilet flushing LOUD.

Different MAF, same strange voltage problem.  Sheesh, maybe it IS the
harness connector now - wouldn't that be stupid.

Voltages were really wierd, 10.xx, 11.xx, and 12.86 (battery voltage) on
terminals A, B, and C, and the car would run (VERY poorly, but stay
alive, until I tried touching the ground wire to ground - like, the
battery or a ground post.  With the ground connected, the car will try
to start, but die immediately, if I connect the ground while it's
running, it revs up to around 1.5-2k and dies.

I'd like to believe it's the harness connector and not the MAF at this
point, since it's been replaced, I'm hoping it's not the ECU.  Can
someone shed some light on this for me? As well, does anyone have a
suggestion as to how I can cleanly patch this up without a new harness
connector in the meantime? I was thinking of taking a hacksaw to the
connector, but I didn't want to destroy it anymore than I already have.

When testing continuity on the harness connector across the pins, I
notice pins B and D have continuity, and I'm wondering if they should or
not.  Could someone test theirs and let me know?  I also see a 1 and
change volt reading from it - hmmm.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.