engine dying

Jose Alvarado Jr. REDMAN007@webtv.net
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:13:08 -0600

Hey guys I'm new here but not new to the SE-R community a far as NY
goes. Ok here goes all bolt ons and minor eng.mod extruding everything
etc 300zx 10;1 pistons and overboring .020 over etc. an engine that was
11 years old and has been through hell and back Early 90's street racing
and now legal 1/4mile strip racing has finally died. It happened by
testing out the JW 50 shot at it's automatic start point.2000 rpm.well
the engine was tired 150psi compression all cyl. to begin with before
the nos and after 10 10lb. bottles of juice and winning me a race for 50
bucks against a 98 eclipse gsx, The car felt funny and weak,also smoking
from valve cover like fast & furious I knew I skipped a tooth or 2 on
timing chain. put it back and still weak also stalls and dies at lights.
So sad but am going to remove and strip heads and am thinking of going
for a 4 angle valve job also porting the extruded head some and match
porting the extruded int.man to the head. Is a 4 angle valve job worth
the effort ? What is the advantage of this process? Also can putting in
titanium Valve springs &retainers give me some more HP with my s3's. I
wanna do this incase I go with C cams in the future? First time asking a
Ques. sorry for long post going JDM 10;1 motor and putting all my stuff
in it. Last month's time with 150psi per cyld.and 50 shot on street
tires was 13.98@100.94mph 2.23 60ft. Any advise will be appreciated
thanks!