B14 Suspension Settings w/ Hyperco Springs

Peter Serwe peter at easytree.net
Fri May 14 09:38:39 CDT 2004

Berkeley and Bill Conner wrote:

> giving more control and comfort.  The dilemma is how to use the Koni (or
> other suitable) bumps with a dust boot.  I finally gave up on this one and
> drive with no dust boots on the struts.

I'll only add to that a little bit by saying:

A)  You need the soft microcellular koni bumpstops.
      Mike Saiki at motivational engineering sells them
      reasonable.  I got mine from him.

B)  For the dustboots, I wanted to retain a small amount
      of dust protection, and use the koni bumpstops, so I
      actually took a razor blade and cut off all but the very
      last part of the stock hard rubber bumpstops built into
      the boots, and retained the boot, without the stock stops.
      I would recommend this practice to anyone who doesn't
      say 'Oh no!  I'm going to cut a stock piece of rubber off
      my car!'

I'm all for retaining stock pieces when their not in the way or
don't need to be removed for customization purposes, otherwise,
poetically speaking:  "As my momma used to say, 'Dump it Forest!'".

;)

--
Peter Serwe <peter at easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.