Rear strut availability

David Pertuz d.pertuz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 21:00:01 UTC 2023

For a while I'd had a 'lumber rumble' (to borrow a term from when I was an
engineer at Chrysler) from my rear suspension. I figured it was likely an
upper strut mount, but those were replaced in a suspension refresh and it's
still there - turns out it's a bad strut. I have a set of AGXes that have
been on the car for 20 years. They're great, and I'd planned to leave them
on there forever. I wrote KYB to ask if they're rebuilable and they said
nope, sorry.

Anyone have a spare pair lying around?

Absent that, what's good these days? Not a lot available. I got rid of the
blue Tokicos that used to be on the car, as well as the OE struts, back
when my mom was selling the house in Atlanta back in 2004. Wish I'd kept
them!

Not urgent.

David