Power steering parts

David Pertuz d.pertuz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 19:25:36 UTC 2022

I had the PS rack on my car rebuilt a couple of years ago, and the leaking
high-pressure hose replaced at the same time. Recently I noticed that I had
a small PS leak. This was traced to a couple of leaks from corroded hard
lines, and the seals on the PS pump.

So now I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has any PS parts lying around. I
am pretty sure I have a spare good PS pump, that came off the JDM engine
that I put in my old G20 many years ago (when I installed that engine I
used the then-new PS pump on the old engine), but I need to lay eyes on it
to verify what I think it is.

I suppose hard lines could be brazed. But replacing with good parts that
someone took off when they converted to manual steering or something is
probably easier.

I've got some photos but I'll have to attach them to a later message.

It's a small leak so it's not urgent - I can wait until spring if I have
to. I'm about to get my Fiat back so the car will unfortunately be losing
its garage spot just in time for winter and until I sell my Saab.

David
Chicago