Zak Nilsson + 30 years

Brent Meints brent.meints at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 17:34:54 UTC 2021

Luis, the Scott Higashi loss really hit me too. I had been talking with him
quite a bit and even convinced him to make me one last set of rear hats for
my NX. That was maybe 6 months before he passed. I couldn't believe it. We
have certainly had a lot of loss in the community the last few years with
Jay, Zak, Charlie Barnes, Scott and others. Rough go lately.

Brent

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 1:17 PM James McColl <james.mccoll at gmail.com> wrote:

> Awesome. I love hearing these stories.
>
> Thanks for sharing, Luis!
>
> P.S. I'm on Facebook if anyone wants to add me -
> facebook.com/james.mccoll.90
>
> And Instagram:
> instagram.com/uk_hemi
>
> On Friday, 26 March 2021, Luis Molina via se-r <se-r at se-r-list.org> wrote:
>
>> Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 18:54:32 -0400
>> From: Tim Rogers <timprogers at gmail.com>
>> To: SE-R List <se-r at se-r-list.org>
>> Subject: Re: Zak Nilsson
>>
>> I don't think I ever met Zak in person but I did get some funny stories
>> about him from Tom Paule back in the day.
>> I had no idea that he was actually the son of '70's folk / pop singer
>> Harry
>> Nilsson until I saw a tribute to him on FB when Zak passed.
>>
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> I was in touch with Zak on Facebook and chatted with him from time to
>> time. In one of our last exchanges about cars he mentioned that he wished
>> he still had his old NX, it was his favorite car. I can't believe the
>> original community has been around so long. It's been great seeing things
>> change for everyone, but also sad when we lose good friends. Another great
>> SE-R guy we lost under similar circumstances a few years ago was Scott
>> Higashi, I really felt his loss since he was literally my first "car buddy"
>> , and we were good friends throughout the years.
>>
>> Anyway, sad stuff aside I'm glad to see this email list is still around
>> which allows me to stalk all of the old names from a distance :). I went
>> back to my roots and have a nice clean 93 Classic, with a fair amount of
>> goodies (VVL + 6spd). I'll never get rid of this car 🙂
>>
>> Luis

Regards,

Brent Meints