Zak Nilsson + 30 years

Luis Molina lgmolina at ucdavis.edu
Fri Mar 26 16:12:49 UTC 2021

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 18:54:32 -0400
From: Tim Rogers <timprogers at gmail.com>
To: SE-R List <se-r at se-r-list.org>
Subject: Re: Zak Nilsson

I don't think I ever met Zak in person but I did get some funny stories
about him from Tom Paule back in the day.
I had no idea that he was actually the son of '70's folk / pop singer Harry
Nilsson until I saw a tribute to him on FB when Zak passed.

I was in touch with Zak on Facebook and chatted with him from time to time. In one of our last exchanges about cars he mentioned that he wished he still had his old NX, it was his favorite car. I can't believe the original community has been around so long. It's been great seeing things change for everyone, but also sad when we lose good friends. Another great SE-R guy we lost under similar circumstances a few years ago was Scott Higashi, I really felt his loss since he was literally my first "car buddy" , and we were good friends throughout the years.

Anyway, sad stuff aside I'm glad to see this email list is still around which allows me to stalk all of the old names from a distance :). I went back to my roots and have a nice clean 93 Classic, with a fair amount of goodies (VVL + 6spd). I'll never get rid of this car 🙂

Luis