check-in - what are you driving?

Josh Palmer jpalmer at qmiwi.com
Tue Nov 6 13:09:28 EST 2018

My current daily driver is a Q50 Hybrid AWD.
30.6 mpg average mostly city, including winters.
Calculated 35.0 mpg to Road America & back
early spring this year, 38 F on the way up.

92 SE-R gets driven when there's no salt on the roads,
maybe 2000 miles per year. Pretty much a polar opposite
of the Q50. No power steering, no a/c, no radio, stiff
engine mounts. VE w/N1 cams/intake/tb, HS gen6 header.
Full 3" exhaust is quite loud after cam switch, so I put
in a reducer down to 2" at the tip, which quiets it down
quite a bit, less drone, and only lost about 1.5whp peak
on the dyno.

Occasionally I get to drive my wife's '16 Maxima.
She also has an '02 Maxima (w/blizzaks for winter).

94 SE-R turbo car has been sitting for years, needs a real
time ECU, intake plumbing changes, among other things.

98 Sentra SE sold fall of 2015 - rust issues, including
front bumper support completely rotted through,
but the SR20DE ran great.

93 SE-R w/217k parked for parting out in DEC'14.
A list member bought the engine with S4 cams, which still
ran great, didn't use a drop of oil.

Josh