Not SE-R specific: Polymer Coated Metal Intake Gasket Question

Erik Halvorson hammer_down at Hotmail.com
Thu May 19 11:45:19 EDT 2016

On the RB26, there are no "corners" for the intake gaskets.  Everything is either round, or heavily rounded corners.   The Tomei install directions are brief to say the least, with no mention of the need for adding any sealant, so it seemed to point to the logic of installing dry.  All bolted up, just need to finish reinstalling all the ancillary equipment, refill coolant and fire her up.
My "no info here" jibe was more in surprise that I didn't get any replies.  As a group, we usually have a terrific knowledge base of members.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Sorry, I only woud put a dab of silicone in corners and transitions when
using those style gaskets.  I never ran a bead of RTV with them, no need.

Brent Meints

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 9:59 AM, Erik Halvorson <hammer_down at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> No knowledge to be gained here it appears...  I rolled the dice and
> installed it dry.
>

> Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Regards,

Brent Meints