Driving roads - suggestions

David Pertuz d.pertuz at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 22:48:13 EDT 2015

Not technically SE-R, but you could drive any of these in your SE-R, no?

So I done bought myself a Por-sha. Yay! I am flying to Atlanta next weekend
to pick it up, visit my family and a friend or two, then drive it home to
Chicago. I am giving myself 2 days, maybe 3 if I come up with a worthwhile
route that would require it. I am, not surprisingly, interested in fun and
discovery rather than efficiency and am soliciting y'all's suggestions for
roads, and maybe sights, too.

Standard route is I-75 to Chattanooga, I-24 to Nashville, I-65 to Gary then
the tollway to Chicago. Obviously I am not doing that, at least until I get
to northern IN.
Just as obviously, I am first going straight to the NC mountains - e.g. US
28, Tail, Cherohala. I will probably end up in Knoxville from here though
if I gave myself the time I could go NE up to Virginia and then west
through WV and OH. Otherwise I will go west through TN and then north
through KY and IN somehow.

Other than the NC part, which I'm familiar with, I'm looking for
suggestions for nice drives in, say, eastern->central TN, western KY,
southern IN. Maybe VA and WV and SE OH too in case I go that way.

David