Carfax? (plus SE-R status

George Roffe geo31 at suddenlink.net
Wed Jul 1 17:46:34 EDT 2015

I aim to please. :-)
My touring is indeed a unicorn.
I've been looking off and on for a couple of years for one equipped just like my 328i.
This one (139k miles) is almost exactly the same as my 328i (and I didn't want an xi)
Sport pkg (req)
Premium pkg (not req, but high on my list)
Sunroof (req)
Xenons (req)
Manual gearbox (req)
Heated seats (my 328i has adj lumbar support - mutually exclusive I believe)
Premium sound package (not req, but high on my list)
As with my 328i, the color is not my first choice, but it's highly acceptable.
http://pages.suddenlink.net/geo31/photo5-E46F.jpg
They are out there, but hard to find and when you do find them, the prices are usually sky high. Here's one that I may have considered if mine fell through. The price isn't bad at all for a touring so equipped, but it's about 1.5x what I paid. It's my first choice of color (not sure about the int though).
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1078691&highlight=touring
I absolutely love the touring.
Geo

---- David Pertuz <d.pertuz at gmail.com> wrote:

George,

Thanks for piling on about Carfux :)

For sure PPIs are a good idea with 911s! Though it is often the case that if you find a good car at a great price, it can get snapped up so quick that anyone who gets it ends up buying it without one. This is where the judgment comes in...

How is your Touring equipped? From last September, when I got back from a long road trip in my Accord with a fresh hatred for its automatic and crappy fuel economy and boringness, I've been casually shopping for a normal replacement for it. For a while E46 Tourings were on my short list (for some reason I have come to prefer B6 Avants over them now). Unfortunately, as with a number of other cars, the ones I am interested in are unicorns. In this case, E46 Tourings with no more than 100k or so miles, a manual, RWD, sunroof and the sport package. I swear there must be about three of those in the country...

David