a couple of car-rejuvenation questions: crake cailpers and old gas

Eric Waterman eric.waterman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 11:26:02 EDT 2014

The axle won't move too much since the CV joint is further out, but it
might give you the room needed to get to that bolt. I have not done that
job before, so I'm not 100% sure.  As far as the gas goes, it depends on
how much is in there and how long it's been sitting.  I had about 1/4 tank
that was ~3 yrs old and chose to empty the tank and refill with fresh.  The
easiest is to pull the fuel pump and remove it from there.  I bought a hand
pump from Harbor Freight and it worked just like it should.  Make sure to
replace the gasket around the tank when you are done.

Eric Waterman