What is everyone driving now?

Khiem Dinh spdracerut at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 12:55:21 EDT 2014

I sold my '96 SE-R with around 170k on the clock to a kdi. He absolutely
loved it, fixed all the dents, re-clear coated the bumpers, unhazed the
headlights, reupolstered the seats, upgraded the turbo from the T25 to the
GT2860RS, made over 300whp, and then put it into a light pole.

I went to a 2005 Evo 8. Fun, but $$$ to operate. Then bought the 2005 S2000
with 36k miles for $17 back in 2008. Daily drove it for 3 years, but when I
went more towards track-car mode being a MotoIQ project car and all, I
picked up a 2006 G35 sedan for the DD with 20k miles or so on it. Had that
for a year and a half or so, but driving around LA leaved no place to
exploit the 300hp and paying for premium gas was puttind a dent in my
wallet. So traded that in and picked up a 2012 Lexus CT200h which takes
regular and gets 44mpg vs. 20mpg I got in the G. I'm saving about $125 a
month in gas.

Oh, I've also had my 2005 Honda CBR 600RR which I bought used with 1k miles
on it. I've been riding very little the past couple years though and only
have 17k on the clock. I actually put more miles on the bicycle than the
motorcycle.
So the CT200h is the DD, S2k is the project car (and a stock 2005 S2k with
70k-90k miles still goes for $17k which is what I bought it for 5-6 years
ago!), CBR 600RR for the occassional romp, and the road bicycle
currently geting more miles than the CBR and S2k combined.

-Khiem