engine support with the crossmember removed

David Pertuz d.pertuz at gmail.com
Wed May 22 12:32:17 CDT 2013

Lam,

Thanks - I thought of that a bit after I sent the message. I recall seeing
such a support on a car somewhere just last week, and this brought it back
to mind. I also realized that I could use the JWT strut tower brace and a
short ratcheting tie-down strap or something like that to support the
engine from above.

It's been yeeeears since I did an engine swap - putting a replacement
engine in my G20 ca. 2005 - but I do recall that while there are many steps
involved in disconnecting everything, it's basically simple, though getting
the car up high enough to slide the engine out the bottom was fussy. Taking
the engine out would let me clean up the engine bay nicely, too.

David
Chicago