Oh, Canada! (was: Anyone traveling from Vancouver BC to the Greater Seattle area in the near future?)

wc701lists at bellsouth.net wc701lists at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 2 09:02:13 CDT 2012

On 11/1/2012 5:13 PM, James McColl wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 3:10 PM, David Pertuz <d.pertuz at gmail.com
>     And I thought only the US border guards were assholes!
>
> Nicer than ours.
> James

Back in 1990 (when I was less than 1/2 my current age; Yikes!) I bought
a cheap used Toyota Supra. Drove up to Detroit area for a friend's
wedding after having it only a week or two. We had a bachelor party
planned, and were going across the border to Windsor to hit some bars &
'clubs. Was gonna drive the Soupie, but THANKFULLY it puked a timing
belt, and the group took another car.

Why "thankfully"? -- well, the previous owner's high-school aged son had
been driving the thing the last year or two, and a couple weeks later
back at home I pulled the seats out to detail the interior, and found a
good bit of weed spilled down between the driver's seat and center
console! That could'a turned REAL UGLY had we taken it across!

Stupid a$$ rich puke kids! Driving Daddy's nice car, AND so well off, he
doesn't even bother trying to recover his droppings.

-Wayne