harmonic balancer

wc701lists at bellsouth.net wc701lists at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 24 21:54:46 CDT 2012

On 10/24/2012 6:55 PM, David Pertuz wrote:
> Can y'all confirm (or not) for me that all SR20DEs use the same harmonic
> balancer?

Can't say for sure, but didn't the later models (like late 90s & up?)
have a lighter crankshaft with less counter-weighting? That could
definitely be cause for a different balancer. I'd guess all the B13 &
B14s were identical, but that's just an educated guess. Courtesy Nissan
has good parts detail diagrams. they don't list real Nissan part
numbers, but you should be able to tell which engines call for the same
obfuscated part#.

-wc