a good friend looking for an SE-R or NX2k in the pacific NW

wc701lists at bellsouth.net wc701lists at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 24 14:29:40 CDT 2012

On 8/24/2012 3:00 PM, Erik Halvorson wrote:
> Try a Datsun 510 (fender grill trim for example) or a Datsun Roadster
> (head light surround) if you want to have a fun time finding parts. Or
> better yet, an older Volvo or a center vent for an R32 skyline. LOL My
> friend knows what he is getting into. It is part of the enjoyment of

Cool :) But not something to rely on for a daily driver, esp if you're
also going to race it. I had a Toyota Supra back in my youth (well early
20s) that was my sole car. It was a friggin' MONEY PIT. And I wasn't
even into racing back then, other than running it hard on the highway. I
didn't think I could afford something more expensive, but I would have
been better off getting a loan for something higher end that didn't
break constantly. And I nearly got fired for absenteeism at my job,
cause the stupid thing broke so frequently.

Your friend sounds like he's in the same position I was back then. If
he's got an engineering job, he can afford something newer; and shoot --
even a toy on the side if that's what he really wants.

Sorry to sound like a preachy old guy, but wish someone would have
convinced me of the same back in 1989.

-Wayne