a good friend looking for an SE-R or NX2k in the pacific NW

Erik Halvorson hammer_down at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 24 14:00:59 CDT 2012

Try a Datsun 510 (fender grill trim for example) or a Datsun Roadster (head light surround) if you want to have a fun time finding parts.  Or better yet, an older Volvo or a center vent for an R32 skyline.   LOL  My friend knows what he is getting into.  It is part of the enjoyment of owning an older car like this.  Repairs are also known necessity.  Nothing last forever.  The B13 was built in Mexico for a few years (slightly different configuration) after the demise of production in the US, so that might be a source for some of the more common parts.  They were still the Taxi of choice in Mexico when I was down there a couple years ago.  The engine parts and such are all still available her int he US which is probably due to the SR20-S14 swap craze.  Demand tends to encourage supply.  The rarity of parts tends to make existing examples worth more so sort of a couble edged sword, both side will cut.