Door lock assembly

wc701lists at bellsouth.net wc701lists at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 15 15:53:58 CST 2012

On 2/15/2012 4:28 PM, jaretr1 at aol.com wrote:
> The door lock assembly on my 91 SE-R has retired. Nissan doesn't offer
> this part anymore, and no one seems to have it aftermarket.
> Has anyone experienced a failure of this part and found a replacement
> for it? Does anyone have one? Drivers door.

Wow, weird memories.  Sold one off my parts car to a lady in NYC working
for "O Magazine".  Think I shipped it to a World Trade Center address
using Oprah's fed-ex acct number I was given!

Umm, no, don't have one to offer.  But there were a million or so B13s
built -- junkyard??

On some cars the lock cylinder can be removed from the whole door latch
and handle assembly.  If the lock cylinder itself is just the problem,
and the car is like that, you might be able to swap the cylinders
between sides and at least have a working driver's side.

-Wayne C