High Port to Low Port Swap, Cams

Kloth, Gerald gkloth at agnesscott.edu
Thu Jan 12 08:11:25 CST 2012

Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 08:56:27 -0600
From: Grover Pickering <groverpickering at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: High port to low port swap, wiring harness?
To: Jim Wright <wrightj at apple.com>
Cc: se-r list <se-r at se-r-list.org>
<CAL-imSD4BhK4_pBmkUTz+=TJAU5GLY0J0b5NZStwQ+pMRr8kNg at mail.gmail.com>

Based on what I read - and my extremely limited technical knowledge -
this is what the answer seems to be....

Swap should work
Some sensors may need to be swapped over if the sensor connectors don't
match (i.e. water temp) Throttle cable may need some work/"engineering"
Looks like swapping HP cams into LP engine is a good thing.
May have some extra wire on a couple of sensors

Anyone of you smart folks have anything to add?

Grover

Definitely put the HP intake cam into the LP engine.  I think the
exhaust cams are the same.  If you don't have time to do it with the
swap, at least take out the HP intake cam before you trash the HP
engine.

Jerry Kloth