Oil filter relocation, Classic

Jim Wright wrightj at apple.com
Fri Dec 9 12:06:31 CST 2011

I'll be getting into the garage this weekend to look at my project car some more and see what I can scope out.  I like the idea of mounting the filter down through the washer bottle area, as long as the filter itself can be shielded a bit from any debris hitting it.

But mounting in that position will cause the any oil in the lines to drain through the filter head once the filter is removed, I think, since the lines will be running upwards from where the filter head is.

The oil cooler arrived today, so now I can get the lines planned out.  I'll see what more I can do with this to come up with a good plan.

Jim