Texas World Speedway, last weekend

Ray Kawski rakawski at e-rak.com
Mon Aug 8 10:07:44 CDT 2011

Eric wrote:

>  Life gets in the way of having fun sometimes.  I haven't touched my car in almost a year because of no time.
> It will be easier when I have someone to hand me wrenches.

Yes it does and without starting a pissing match that's totally ok but not committing before "LIFE" happens isn't what this community was like.     What this community was like was Brent Richter who I'm not sure is on this list or not.     Brent committed to coming to the convention in PA/NJ.  When everyone decided to shut up and not put up the plug was pulled.  The few that wanted to do the track day continued to commit to it, including Brent.

Brent left New Hampshire after not driving his SE-R in quite some time and having installed some parts that had been sitting on a shelf for years.   He left and made it to Connecticut where his stainless steel line broke from rubbing the tire.   What did he do?  He stopped in CT at a shop and they directed him to a local place.  They made him new lines, bled his brakes and on he went.   He arrived at 10:30 Friday night and continued to commit to the track event on Saturday.   Kieran instructed him as it was his first track event.    I gave him a ride in my NX and he enjoyed both driving his car and riding as passenger.   That's what this community was about.   Committing to growing the community and  go not show.     I look forward to seeing Brent and his son, who he brought along with him, at future track events as that is also what this community was about.  Meeting new people with a common interest.

Bruce Hearn was also committed to coming from Texas up until a few days before but yeah "LIFE" happened and he could not make it.  Totally acceptable and I hope that his situation has improved since last we spoke.    Yeah life happens.  If you don't try to do things that you enjoy, life will happen to you before you get to it.

RK