wiper motors, B13 and P10

David Pertuz davidpertuz at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 26 15:31:14 CDT 2011

Can anyone say positively (IOW, they've done it) that P10 and B13 wiper motors are interchangeable, including plug pinouts (for the variable intermittent wipers)?

After I replace the firewall motor mount tonight, the last remaining task (way to save it until the 11th hour, genius!) on my P10 prior to its heading off to CA will be diagnosing and repairing the inop wipers. When they first failed I spent some time on diagnostic and everything from the switch up to somewhere in the harness tested good. Couldn't figure out at the time how to release the harness connector on the motor, but figured that out later. Concluded wiper motor was bad,  and pulled a wiper motor off of something - can't remember whether it was a P10 or B13 in a u-pull yard in Detroit. Eventually removed old motor, plugged in new/old motor to test, still inop. Could be bad part, could have different pinouts, who knows. As a last resort I will pull the motor from my B13 garage queen to use on the P10 and then find a replacement for that later, but it would be nice to know a positive yes/no to the above question beforehand.

David