Mice damage in cars (Non SE-R)

Grover Pickering groverpickering at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 09:35:48 CDT 2011

Ok - this was a funny one - so I have to pass it along.

A friend of mine has am 06 (or so) Accord.  The Check Engine light came one
and it turned out to be a knock sensor.  My first though was "those don't
really go out do they?"Anyway - a quick check of the internet told the ugly
truth.  Mice!

We couldn't figure a way to get to it - and ended up taking the whole intake
manifold off.  And - there it was - a knock sensor in the middle of a nice
nest with no wire left whatsoever.  The new one had some nice thick grey
tape wrapped around it - with an outline of a mouse no-less.  Official Mouse
tape.  Nice touch.....

Grover