Houston Crowd

George Roffe geo31 at suddenlink.net
Thu Apr 7 15:31:03 CDT 2011

DD: '00 BMW 328i (bought off-lease 150k miles ago
Garage Queen: '98 BMW M Roadster
Under destruction: '84 Porsche 944 -- I used to refer to this as my race car under construction, but after my divorce it has languished for several reasons (and years). I have different plans for it than I originally had, but it's going to take time to get back to it. It is currently stripped with a cage. Only the suspension remians on the car with the tires in dollies to move around the shop.
Stopped SCCA racing after the divorce. Now with Grover, Bruce, Jim, and a few others, we are racing Jim Wright's first SE-R in LeMons. Most fun I've had racing.
Been doing some other endurance racing for the last 6 years. I've run 7 marathons and 1 ultra-marathon and in 6 weeks I will compete in my first Ironman.
Geo

---- "Fancher wrote:

Who all’s still in Houston? What cars are you guys playing with now? I got away from cars and got into home theater stuff. Nothing high end in the least, but it’s been a fun hobby.

Jim