Automatics (was 20 Years)

Lewis Shadoff lshadoff at brazosport.cc.tx.us
Wed Mar 30 16:12:27 CDT 2011

> Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:15:55 -0500
> From: George Roffe <geo31 at suddenlink.net>
> Subject: Re: Automatics (was: 20 Years)
> To: se-r at se-r-list.org, wc701lists at bellsouth.net
>
> Wayne Cox wrote:
>
>>Autos are kinda nice in traffic jams, and if you're a big city commuter
> I would not think too poorly of you for having one.
> See, I don't get this argument. I hear it all the time of course. It's a trade off IMHO. You're either pressing the clutch or the brake (slushbox) in traffic. Take yer pic.
> Geo

 I certainly had mixed feelings about selling my B14 which, if you
 remember, had a Level 10 modified auto trans,  full adjustable
 coilover suspension, turbo, nitrous, battery in the trunk, 3" exhaust,
 etc, etc.

 http://www.websorcerer.com/turbo

It was the onset of osteoarthritis in my spine which led to the
 unavoidable conclusion that I would never work on cars again. I
 decided to sell it to someone who would appreciate what I had done
 (about 500 man hours).

 I really miss it.

Lewis Shadoff
 Lake Jackson, TX