Ghost in the machine (was Quickie TB cleaning)

Larry Martin bizznzman at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 10:59:35 CST 2011

Just to add further to the confusion....  Mine seems to take a spell each summer where it will start just fine when it's cold (first start of the day) and run fine, no problem.  But then when it is shut off for a period of 20-30 minutes or so (after fully warmed) it will restart with a very lumpy idle or not idle at all and either die instantly or when trying to drive away.  Press in the clutch pedal without accelerator pedal, as in stopping, it would die.  The fix?  Same as the earlier discussion - floor the accelerator and wait for it to clear its throat. This works but only if some time is allowed for it to "settle out" so to speak.  So, heat soak causing fuel problem?  Sounds again like a carbureted car in some respects.  But then the problem seems to go away only to return at some random time later.  Oooooooo
Fuel filter is always replaced far ahead of time, like once a year, just for grins.  Makes me wonder about the canister or other possibilities in the evap system.

Larry Martin