Go to the Beige Side?

Kloth, Gerald gkloth at agnesscott.edu
Thu Feb 3 08:28:24 CST 2011

I have recently remarried and picked up a 2003 Camry 4cyl. Auto as part
of the package, so I can speak to this a little.  Since my wife is not
working, I left my 2009 Suzuki SX4 5MT with her and started taking the
Camry to work (47 miles each way in Atlanta).  I find after driving it
for 3 or 4 days, I start craving some fun and performance.  I end up
taking my B14 for a couple of days, when the weather is good, and that
holds me for another round of appliance driving.  OTH, there is
something to be said for a dependable car that runs while you work on
the other ones.  There is also something to be said for driving a quiet
car with a decent sound system on long trips.  Especially if it gets
good mileage.  The Camry recently got 32 mpg on a 300 mile trip.  I
suggest that you get the Accord and drive it while you get the B13 fixed
for fun drives.  Keep it for a year or so and see what happens.  You may
be able to sell it for what you pay for it.

Jerry Kloth