LeMons - Brakes

Ray Kawski rkawski at e-rak.com
Wed Aug 26 11:17:13 CDT 2009

Grover you wrote:

> I'm looking into the pads for the race.  My first thought is Carbotech.  But, they are a
> bit more expensive than I would like to spend.

Snip:

Geo wrote:

> I think that the Hawks would likely be TOO aggressive for LeMons. Remember, they need heat to keep

I agree with George, Hawks work well but DESTROY rotors!   Joe DiMinno runs Carbotech as do I and many others with no problems.  Joe is even running AD18's and not having problems.    Call Carbotech and talk to Dan Puskar drop my name and Joe's and see if he will work with you on pricing.  They give an SE-R discount of I think 15% but he may give you more if you get talking about it being a Lemons car.

XP12's should be fine and will give you good grip and should last a long time.   Of course YMMV if you use the brakes alot.  I forget how long the race is but Joe would be able to tell you better how long they will last.  If you need less sets of pads that makes it cheaper.

Dan is usally pretty easy to talk to and pretty easy to work with.   Not as easy as Matt Nicholson and Larry Narcus were but still pretty accommodating.

RK