Lightened Flywheel and New Life

Chris Scarpulla sr20de at optonline.net
Wed Jul 22 11:59:00 CDT 2009

I bought Linus Hong's VE powered 94 SE-R about a year ago. Been using it as
a daily driver for the last 6 months or so, and did a 2 day track event at
Pocono yesterday and Monday. Since it's a DD, I replaced the Prothane engine
mounts with new OEM ones to smooth things out, but as a former T28/S4 DE
owner, I'm not so happy with the lack of grunt I'm getting from the N1 cams
in combination with the 60mm HKS exhaust & Fuji header. I recently bought a
GT2560R which I'm debating on installing on the VE. If I do it, I'll swap
the stock cams back in and step up to a 2.5" exhaust.

I also have the following parts waiting to be installed:
Octotat triangulated rear brace (replacing Active Tuning bar).
Progress front lower control arm brace.
CSK's with Hyperco's and ShigSpeed modded stock mounts.
15 x 7 RP-F1's on order.