Exhaust Leaks, Paste?

Erik Halvorson hammer_down at hotmail.com
Thu May 14 10:20:47 CDT 2009

SE-R people,

I used the past on the flange joints but with the "used" factory metal exhaust gaskets.  Worked perfect.  No leaks.  Even used it at the turbo outlet on the SE-Rt without any leaks.  I like the stuff, though not sure how durable it is without a gasket.  Exhaust on a turbo car can see higher temps than a properly tuned N/A car.  I was hesitant at using the high temp RTV stuff as the max temp (from what I remember) was less than 1800°.  Cast iron starts to glow orange as it's temp nears that high.  The cement/paste stuff was supposedly good to 2100° of something there abouts.

Erik Halvorson

Though I personally don't own a B chassis any more, I do maintain my Dad's 1991 SE-R aND I still own a covey of Nissans and Datsuns...