RIP: SCC

Erik Halvorson hammer_down at hotmail.com
Wed May 6 17:58:46 CDT 2009

Huh, bikini sluts?  WTF magazine were you reading my friend?  Even in the later death throws, the less than struggling to be competent crew didnt' stoop to cheese cake to sell the mag.  The advertisers might have and that might be what you saw but not the cover nor the article photos.  Now if we are talking WAY early SCC like late 80's early 90's then you may have a point.  I have an oldie goldie SCC that had a nice parting article on an SCCA G Production 510.  Most of the featured cars were hondas and most of the modifications were wheels, paint and a chrome filter and/or valve cover.  When Mike, Dave and the boys arrived in SCC town, the magazine became something scompletely different and competent.

Sorry if I misspelled anything there....

Erik Halvorson