'91 SE-R A/C issues

Darren Calbero DarrenC at ampartners.com
Wed May 6 14:49:45 CDT 2009

I flushed my cooling system this past weekend after having to replace
the radiator and waterpump and noticed a strange splattering occurring
on my headers.  Looking closer, it looked as if the flexible portion of
what I believe to be the low pressure hose (the one that should have a
heat wrap around it) had a rough spot on it.  I couldn't tell if it was
a leak but my A/C was working fine during the coolant flush.  The next
day I jury rigged a patch using an old radiator hose and a screw-type
hose clamp.  Turned on my car and switched the A/C on.  Nothing
happened.  No cool air, the fans did not run, and it sure didn't sound
like the condenser clutch had engaged.  My techtom read that the A/C
switch never turned on.

Anyone have suggestions on trouble shooting this?

TIA,
DC