RIP: SCC

wc701lists at bellsouth.net wc701lists at bellsouth.net
Wed May 6 13:22:17 CDT 2009

Erik Halvorson wrote:
> Coleman said that the archived issues (both paper and electronic) were
> kept "offsite" somewhere.  We need to understand that Super Street was
> the favorite child of the head publisher at Primedia/Argus/Intersource.
> SCC was a thorn in their side because SCC staff (Coleman aera mainly)

Wow, I only bought a couple issues of SCC over the years.  A little more
ricey & Hondaish, but I always got the impression the rice was being
forced by the powers that be above the writers.  And the Hondas, are
well, just ubiquitous.  (and I've gotten rid of my RSX-S ... torqueless
piece of Honda !@#* haha.)

But the articles seemed a lot higher quality and more techie than most
mags, and seeing lots of SE-R List Old Timers on the writing staff was
cool.  Good mag all around.

Shame that _Turbo_ went to shit long ago.  But at least GRM is still
going strong.

-Wayne