Rod bearing inspection/verification

Ben Baird ben at polycore-usa.com
Tue Mar 17 13:15:54 CDT 2009

Yeah I have both pans and both oil baffles already removed.  I went ahead and put in the ES motor mounts I had been putting off once I could not find any visible confirmation of bearing failure and called it a day.  I am leaning towards replacing the bearings and putting it back together, but was wondering if I pull the bearing and it's ok is it safe/smart to put it back in or once it's out it needs to be replaced anyway.  Any opinions on the Cleavite 77 trimetal bearings vs OEM Nissan ones?

On a related not has anyone had luck repairing the crack in the primary joints on a HS header?  Is it just a matter of time till it cracks again?  Does Greg V still deal in OEM Nisan parts with his new business, I don't think he's on this list anymore.

Ben '92 SE-R