snap, crackle, pop go my speakers

Larry Martin bizznzman at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 12:20:02 CST 2009

Sure sounds like amps or volume control unless there is a real live intermittent solder or connector issue.  I have the same problem and it specifically includes the volume control as well.  In my case the speakers, at a minimum, are mostly shot.  I say skip the fault isolation (problem found - it's old!), and if you're not a purist, have one of the local shops put in a passable head unit for a hundred bucks or less (they're always advertising because they want to get you in there and sell you "up" as well as high margin speakers and installation) since you're not in the car much anymore and buy new (or passable used) speakers you will install yourself (with new wires/connectors).  Insure clean connections/grounds and you'll be set.  More quality, it goes without saying, equals more cost, your choice.  Now, why haven't I done it yet................